Those pesky pores on the face can be unsightly and hard to get rid of. Here are some natural solutions to minimize the appearance of large open pores from www.toptenremedies.com .
Open or large pores on the skin are a beauty concern for many and can also contribute to problems like acne and blackheads, especially for people with oily skin.
Excess sebum, along with dirt and bacteria, tends to clog the pores. To make matters worse, blackheads tend to make pores more visible and look even larger.
Prolonged sun exposure can contribute to open pores because it damages the collagen, thereby reducing the elasticity of the walls of the pore canals.
Similarly, open pores worsen with increasing age as the skin loses elasticity. Genetics, stress, and a poor skin care routine also contribute to open pores.
Though there are several cosmetic products in the market to deal with this problem, remember that pores are a natural part of your skin and cannot be completely eliminated. Before you go shopping, you can try some inexpensive, easy and natural home remedies to minimize the appearance of open pores.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for open pores.
Ice works as a simple and effective home remedy to help shrink large pores due to its skin tightening effect. It is often used to minimize enlarged pores before applying makeup. It will also stimulate circulation and promote healthier skin.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean washcloth and hold it on your skin for 15 to 30 seconds. Do this a few times daily. You can reduce the frequency of use when you see improvement.
- Alternatively, you can simply wash your face with ice cold water once daily.
To enhance the benefits of this remedy, infuse the water for ice cubes with cucumber juice, apple juice, green tea or rose water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works as a natural astringent and skin toner. Thus, it tightens your skin, reduces large pores, and restores the skin’s pH balance. Plus, it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat acne breakouts.
- Mix equal amounts of organic apple cider vinegar and water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to your face.
- Leave it on for a few minutes, and then rinse it off.
- For best results, use this remedy every night after cleansing your face. Follow up with a light moisturizer. You will notice improvement within a few weeks.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites are also widely used to shrink enlarged pores because they tone and tighten the skin. Egg white masks are also great for drawing excess oil out of greasy skin.
- Simply whisk an egg white and spread it evenly on your face. Allow it to dry completely, and then rinse it off. For better results, after applying the egg white, cover your skin with pieces of tissue paper and peel them off when the mixture dries. Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
- Alternatively, whip two egg whites along with the juice squeezed from half of a lemon. Spread it on your face, and leave it on for about 10 minutes or until it dries completely. Rinse it off with cool water. Repeat a few times a week for one month.
- Another option is to whisk an egg white and mix in two tablespoons each of lemon juice and oatmeal. Spread it on your face and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. Finally, scrub it off and wash your face with cool water. For best results, repeat twice weekly for several weeks.
4. Sugar Scrub
Homemade sugar scrubs can be of great help in reducing large pores as they exfoliate the skin and remove excess oil and impurities.
Sugar Scrub to Minimize the Appearance of Open Pores
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Gently rub it on your skin for 20 to 30 seconds, and then wash it off with cool water. Use it regularly, once or twice a week.
- Put a little sugar on a lemon wedge or slice and gently rub it all over your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wash your face. Do this two times a week at least for a few weeks.
- You can also apply a combination of equal parts of honey and lemon juice and a little sugar. Massage your skin with it, and leave it on for five to 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat once or twice a week for a month, or until you achieve the desired results.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda works as a gentle exfoliating agent, removing excess oil, dirt and debris from your skin. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin and reduces problems like acne and pimples due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix two tablespoons each of baking soda and lukewarm water.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and massage in circular motion for a few seconds.
- Finally, rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat the process daily for five to seven days. Then reduce the frequency to three to five times a week for a few weeks.
6. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth, also known as multani mitti, is another useful natural remedy for open pores as it absorbs excess oil and exfoliates the skin. In addition, it helps reduce scars and blemishes and benefits sun-damaged skin.
- Mix sufficient rose water in two tablespoons of fuller’s earth to make a paste.
- Apply it on your face, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes until it dries.
- Scrub it off and rinse your face with cool water.
- Use this mud mask once or twice a week regularly.
Original Article up to is from http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-open-pores.html
We here would like to add to the list here on
Who would have ever thought that charcoal could help with open pores and blackheads! But it is the latest fad with beauty bloggers around the globe. It doesn't involve the charcoal used for barbeques, but activated charcoal that is medicinal.
Find out more about how to make an activated charcoal mask with the following ingredients:
- 2 capsules of activated charcoal (approximately 0.2 grams) opened and emptied. To open gelatin capsules, simply twist the two halves and gently pull them apart as in the picture below.
- 1/2 teaspoon of bentonite clay
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of water
Check out our iherb.com review as well for where to buy the ingredients suggested in the list above.