10 Best Yoga Quotes to motivate your Yoga Practice
We all have those days that we'd rather to do anything else than unrolling our mat and practice. On these moments, we need someone to motivate us to stick to the practice. But no worries! We've got you covered.
Iyengar yoga and Ashtanga yoga are the two most profound type of physical yoga. So naturally, they have a lot of way to motivate us to stick to our practice. These are my favorite quotes from them.
1. The body is my temple, the asana is my prayer. B.K.S Iyengar
So here, B.K.S Iyengar emphasized again the need to do yoga poses for our body.
2. It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity. B.K.S Iyengar
Hence, yoga means to connect, to yoke. It is through our yoga practice that we get closer to our higher Self.
3. Do your practice and all is coming. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
As a result of continuity in our practice, we will gain some benefits.
4. Yoga is 99% practice and 1 % theory. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Consequently the most famous quote in yoga. So keep going, we just have to practice!
5. Body is not stiff. Mind is stiff. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
So this one makes me smile. Have you ever used an excuse of your body limitation for not doing your practice? He is right, because it is actually the mind who tells us not to practice.
6. It’s not your history but your presence on your mat that matters. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Maybe one of the most significant quotes that remind us that it is important to keep practicing despite of our life changes.
7. Yoga is an internal practice. The rest is just circus. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Also a simple reminder, that in the end it is to align our mind body and soul.
8. The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in. B.K.S Iyengar
Therefore during our practice we show respect to the body in relation with our inner self or soul.
9. Everyone can do Ashtanga. Except lazy people. Sharath M. Jois
Everyone can do it. Because it's all practice, remember?
10. Yoga allows you to find an inner peace that is not ruffled and riled by the endless stresses and struggles of life. B.K.S Iyengar
I save the best for the last. This one is what makes us come back to our mat, over and over again. Because that moment of inner peace we experience during our practice.
I wish you a wonderful practice today!
SOME MORE YOGA QUOTES FROM OPENMINDBODYSOUL.COM